View Single Post
Old 2012-08-11, 14:56   Link #75
Paradoxine

If anime was real then I'd end up as a side character to some hopelessly lucky bastard with an unwanted harem who makes it even worse by complaining to me about it. At best I'd be Sunohara from Clannad.

BUT if we're talking a complete free-for-all where I get to choose the world and setting etc, then yeah, most likely I'd agree to it. But then again, I don't exactly love life right now anyway, so you could offer me pretty much any semi-decent world and I'd take it. If the world has people with supernatural powers though, would be terrible to be one of the powerless plebeians. Which is why If Kyuubi turned up I'd probably just say no Too many variables to take care of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyexpress48 View Post
And every magical girl is a little sister of some sort.

Think of it this way, if anime was real, will it feel like anime at all? I mean, wouldn't it just feel like...life? Not like some super cool supernatural experience?

And using circle logic, what if we are all characters in a slice of life anime? Man this makes my head spin...

(Kidding, folks, but think of the logic problems we would all encounter if anime suddenly became real...)
I don't think that the people who want anime to be 'real' want it to 'feel' like anime. At the end of the day, we all >watch< anime. I would guess that people are disappointed or unsatisfied in this world in which we all find ourselves. I think that honestly people wish that life was more interesting or more fulfilling, not just anyone's life but their own, which is why perhaps people saying 'I want anime to be real' should add 'BUT only on these conditions'.

In any case, It's not really anime as such people want to be real, they just want the manifestation of idea's, which are presented to them by anime.

Last edited by Paradoxine; 2012-08-11 at 15:07.
Paradoxine is offline   Reply With Quote