Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-08-05, 15:47   Link #3470
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

We don't lose a thing by sending superstar Clinton in to pump up Kim's ego or give their state press some nonsense to spew. We do rescue two American citizens. The North Koreans remember Clinton's administration during which the US seemed to have more clues about 'dancing with the enemy' than any other period.

The regime has always wanted two-way talks with the US (I don't know, it enlarges their peen or whatever) rather than having to deal with China or Japan in a '6 way' conference. It may be that a series of visits that aren't actually labeled 'talks' may amount to the same thing.

I do wish the Japanese abduction issues could be resolved but that may end up happening with a 'disinterested 3rd party' pursuing it. Of course, I also wish the Chinese would realize their own interests may over-ride their compulsion to 'avoid interfering with another country's internal affairs'. They really don't want a zillion refugees pouring into their country. The North Korean's labor camps and treatment of their citizenry also give great pause and nausea. Meh...