View Single Post
Old 2010-07-16, 09:08   Link #3093
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Is it not more plausible that, Shannon being the odd duck out of the Fukuin Servants in terms of when and how she begins working, that Shannon is not a Fukuin House orphan?
I think that's a more promising line of thought, though what she is really (and whether, say, Natsuhi is aware of it) becomes an even bigger problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Also: Jessica mentions when talking about the storm that she occasionally has to stay over in Nijima when the weather is too bad to get back home. This makes me think Kinzo or Krauss owns some land in Nijima, and probably some apartments.
Bit unclear, though I would interpret it as school owned living space instead. Might need a translator clarification:

Battler: "Huh... So, by the way, what do you do when the weather's good in the morning, but then gets so bad on your way home that the boats are closed? Do you spend the night at school?"
Jessica: "That actually happens a lot. Because of that, they've built some lodgings there for people who can't get back to the island. I stay over there. Sometimes, when it gets really bad, I can't get back home for a few days at a time."

(Original line is: ;「そういうのはよくあることだぜ。だから帰島できない人用の宿泊所があってよ。そこに寝泊りするんだよ。 下手すりゃ数日間、家に帰れないこともあったりするぜ。」)

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)