View Single Post
Old 2009-07-20, 00:34   Link #71
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I saw the movie, I raged.

This movie is a further degeneration of Harry Potter. There was so much cut out that it was a joke. I don't even know how people who have not read the books can follow what is going on anymore.

My biggest beef with the movie is that this book is supposed to be centered on Voldemort and his history. Despite this, we were only shown two memories. What happened to all the other memories? They decided to include all of the teen drama scenes, and even added more that wasn't even there, instead of showing vital scenes in the story. The reason I found the 6th book so interesting was because of these memories. They could have cut out certain things that weren't supposed to be there like the Burrow getting attacked during Christmas.

Now there is nothing wrong with the teen drama. If anyone noticed while watching the movies, most of the audience most likely consisted of giggling girls. Hollywood is obviously playing towards a certain audience no?

Certain details were changed throughout the movie for no apparent reason. Why did Luna Lovegood pick up harry in the train instead of Tonks (The Order seems almost nonexistent). Why do the death eaters all of a sudden fly around the city (This was something special that only Voldemort could do)? Snape didn't confiscate the book after Sectumsempera like he did in the book and Harry had to go into the room of requirement again to hide it...

Snape as a character isn't developed at all. Ginny was thrown into the movie and instantly became a major character. Ughh.. I really could rage forever...

The last thing I didn't like is that the Yates treats his viewrs like 10 year old children. I don't need easybake thank you very much.

This was the worst Harry Potter movie, bar none. Fire Yates. I want my director from the third movie... No big wonder that Rowling herself said that of th emovies that was her favorite one. BAH!!
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote