View Single Post
Old 2011-06-12, 14:25   Link #41
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Indeed, Satsuki's situation is realistic, but that doesn't excuse anything. What bothers me the most isn't that she is doing a dishonest job, as you said, you sometimes don't have any choice, but how nonchalant she is about it. She doesn't give a damn whether her false review cost some people their business or their jobs. Rather than mature, I believe Satsuki's stance on is cynical. She truly behaved like a cynical bitch in front of Ohana.
I don't think she's cynical as much as she is very self centered and lack enough empathy towards anyone (or even if she has some, she shows it in the wrong manner (giving candy to her daughter when she should've asked her to come home with her)) and a healthy dosage of a general lack any sort of responsibility (that's pretty clear, from her days in the inn when she ran away to dropping her daughter at a relative she never meet so she could run off with her then boyfriend and then this episode ...)

So yeah, she's all around a horrible person right now.

eta

Quote:
She has no feelings for Ohana, that much is clear.
I disagree, she clearly has feelings for her (she, for example, back at episode 2 had eaten the punishment dinner and this episode she gave her food) but she shows it in a very trivial ways which don't really amount to anything. Her problem is that she refuses to change her self to the better to try and make her daughter happy at the very least, nor does she show enough concern to give her a call when she had came back from her little trip.

Wait, I was disagreeing just now wasn't I? I guess she has very small feelings for her then ...