View Single Post
Old 2013-01-26, 00:42   Link #31763
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
Concerning that I find it interesting on the other hand how many people ignore what the actual meta-plotline of Requiem is. This is not a story presented by Ikuko/Touya/Featherine, this is a preparation of pieces presented TO Featherine by Bernkastel.
We already know that Featherine likes to have people read stories she already knows (or even wrote herself) to her. She already knows everything. All she's ever looking for is a new perspective on the same events.

Quote:
I would agree that EP7 can be inserted into real life events as well, but I would rather assume it to be the general collection of evidence. It is important that the acting characters are NOT the usual cast after all.
Except that, according to the meta-narrative, this "general collection of evidence" was made available specifically by the use of Theatergoing Authority, which itself was depicted as a special, forbidden privilege granted to Will, and only Will, who only accepted it because he was forced to (in fact, Will's involvement was coerced every step of the way). And the answer Will arrives upon is only expressed by a nod and a wink between him and Claire.

So what we have is a person who:
  1. is unrelated and disinterested in the Rokkenjima incident.
  2. is well-versed in the stories about it.
  3. is trapped in a situation where he is made to solve it.
  4. is granted special access to information about it.
  5. keeps his conclusion private.
Who is this person, if not Touya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
We don't know why she happened to mention Rokkenjima the first time, although apparently Tohya wasn't affected by it at all but in the second it seems entirely casual Tohya discovers her at the pc and he's the one showing interest in what she was looking at. When she explains and he starts showing signs of distress she stops.

So where do you see evidence in how she purposely tortured Battler with it?

She even offered him to have brain surgery earlier to stop his headaches and she even supported the idea he should met Ange when Ange asked to met him.
Tohya even went to various hospitals.

If we can claim Ikuko's behaviour toward him wasn't correct as she tried to keep the incident hidden, well, apparently afterward she tried to redeem herself by offering him medical care and trying to help him to reunite with his family.
Yes, I see (Yasu)Ikuko as a very conflicted person when it comes to the whole Touya/Battler issue. By the end she had clearly given up on Battler and had regretted what she had done to Touya. Beatrice's sequence of "deaths" in EP4 and EP5 could be said to account for the emotional process she went through.

Quote:
This is excatly what would make a Yasu-Ikuko insanely evil, because she'd be simply willfully continuing to torture Battler, exactly in the sense of "this is the torture that will torment you for all eternity", for the sake of her game.
Just the fact that meta-Battler is exposed to the bottle stories at all suggests that Touya himself became familiar with them. It's hard to imagine Touya having done so not of his own volition (not to mention his part in writing the forgeries). Whoever Ikuko may have been, or what agenda she might have had in her writing, Touya was still the one who decided for himself whether or not to be involved with the stories about Rokkenjima.

In other words, Touya willfully allowed himself to be "tortured", which makes me wonder if it's appropriate to even call it "torture" in the first place.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote