View Single Post
Old 2013-02-01, 08:56   Link #27
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Makishima and Gu Seung are fantastic antagonists. I agree with Vicious108 on their dialogue and chemistry - Very compelling. Listening in on the conversations of those two was honestly my favorite part of the episode. I loved how Gen made the two chaos-creating revolutionaries sound like two of the most normal and well-adjusted people in the world!

And Makishima's overall plan here is very good and very impressive. The "helmet people" causing a riot, and the police responding to that by sending everyone out to stop the riots, were reasonable educated guesses on Makishima's part. Then in the midst of such chaos, he takes aim at his true target - Very smart strategy, tactics, and plan.

The episode as a whole was gripping and intense. Very exciting and enjoyable to watch. And an awesome cliffhanger to end it all off on!

However, I do have some quibbles with this arc. Those I'll get into once I have more time to spare than I do right now. But for now, I simply applaud this episode and the people behind it (BGM and visuals were very smooth and effective here too).