View Single Post
Old 2012-02-17, 09:47   Link #27915
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
You do realize that your theory completely flies in the face of everything said during the reunion between Yasu and Kinzo, right?
Assuming that ever even happened, Kinzo is portrayed as a delusional hysteric who is predisposed to believe exactly the things he claims, regardless of whether they can be independently confirmed. Does he demand a blood test? No. Does he even seem to care about that? No. What exactly is his basis for his belief? Yasu solved the epitaph. That's it.

Only a fool or a madman would consider that logic to be coherent. Other than the whole scene smacking of fantasy, Kinzo's behavior in it even if taken as accurate cannot possibly be considered reliable.

That's the point: It doesn't matter if Yasu is Lion. It doesn't matter if there was ever a Lion (and there is enough wiggle room in what we know to say as much). Kinzo believes that Yasu is Lion, and it appears (at least from ep7) that Yasu believes it as well.

The question we should be asking is whether there would be any possible motive arising from either of these circumstances that would explain any behavior which might have followed. I'm not sure there is, which is part of the reason why it doesn't really matter all that much.

Still, it requires that we ask a lot of out Kinzo, and the man gets maligned quite frequently with no reliable way to defend himself. The entire submarine story, for example; is there a single shred of evidence that backs it up? Yet we're already inclined to think Kinzo was lying about his version of the story, even though we can't be actually sure the story has any factual basis to begin with!
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote