View Single Post
Old 2008-04-13, 10:32   Link #62
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

I think the biggest mistake people make with Suzaku is that they try to seperate what he says from what he does. Which is farcical in my pov, since he's the type who claimed that violence was wrong, and that you should do things the right way. Was invading Europe the right way then? You can say it's his job, but unfortunately, just because it's his job doesn't mean he has to do it. He could always quit, but then he'd never reach his dream of stopping all violence through the use of violence. Of course, it's questionable whether he would have in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
Suzaku is working for a force he thinks cannot be beaten, something he admitted to Toudou himself in their duel. If that is the case, then lessening the violence by beating the ones who are "uselessly wasting" their lives and getting innocent Elevens involved in their actions is a sacrifice worth doing.

Because in Suzaku's mind, Britannia will still defeat the rebels in the end (ALL of the Black Knights thought this way even during episode 18 to 20) and hence, the perpetrated violence is just plain "useless" instead of actually helpful.

THAT is Suzaku's justice. And all justice is relative so it would be better not to start any namecalling about what and what is not justice.
I'm sorry, but saying that Britainnians method of enforcement is too brutal to be called Justice is not namecalling. What Suzaku is doing is not so much justice as it is rationalization, if you can't beat them, join them.

Quote:
Yeah, but discrimination CAN fade away. Through acceptance and through a good amount of luck. Besides, for every racist Britannian he's ever met, he also knows that there are good people in that country and at the very least, people who don't care at all and are just practical people.
Discrimination can fade away, but in the current Britainnian setting, is that going to happen any time soon? Or is that even more likely than the persistent violence fading away anytime soon? The problem is that the discrimination seems to be constantly reinforcing itself within britainnian society. Especially with the notion of the Emperors that might = right. Suzaku might have some respect among some of the Britainnian army (Knights of Rounds and Cornelias knights) but it has yet to be seen whether that translates into equal rights or treatment for the other japanese or whether they just view Suzaku as an extremely talented monkey. After all, even if you respect one talented monkey, it doesn't mean you're going to suddenly respect or give rights to the rest of them.

edit: Btw, if he wants to stop the discrimination, stop invading other countries. People aren't going to be too happy when they get conquered and with the way the Britainnian empire thinks, the very fact the other country lost already means it's inferior.

I mean , it's also possible that one day the Emperor will die peacefully and then the next heir to the throne will suddenly decide to free all the colonies and live in peace forever. But is that likely? I find that arguing that things could happen without much basis for it kinda useless.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote