View Single Post
Old 2010-11-14, 17:49   Link #131
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Archivist View Post
The answer is simple: both Ayase and Mr. Kurama are brainwashed media zombies. They're of the notion that the media is infallible and what's being reported is completed fair, unbalanced, and unbiased. You can see this by how they simply parrot what they've heard by saying stuff like "the news says this is so, so it's so" and that's their entire justification for it.
You're hitting the nail on the head there.

Quote:
My mother's like this and so are a lot of other people. There's no independent thought involved in this at all.
Not just your mother... and yes, there certainly are a lot of people like that

Quote:
If either one of them had said, "I find the idea of incest revolting and so I don't like this stuff" that would at least involve forming an opinion based on personal analysis of the facts. There's none of that here. Hell, Mr. Kuruma's helping Kyousuke out is only because he happened to know the journalist involved and the latter had publicly admitted he'd screwed up. That's less helping and more setting the record straight.
Yes, it's not that much of helping out. Hadn't he known the journalist, and hadn't the journalist apologised publicly that he wrote garbage, nothing would've come from it - the father would've never known of it, as he most likely wouldn't have looked into it much.