View Single Post
Old 2012-09-08, 21:47   Link #148
Kmos

From what I saw of this episode, Kirito made two mistakes. One, turning over potions/crystals is the most obvious one. What Godfrey wanted to do was good but in a game where you die when you die in an open pvp world it's a bad move to remove potions/crystals. Two, proposing after one night with a girl. Then again she saved him and he proposed afterward anyways and she accepted. Can't shake the feeling it's because of his first lay though.

I thought all potions were a regenerative form, not instant heal, Asuna's pot was a full heal. Good thing she stalks well to save Kirito. Nice weaponless killing blow from Kirito and Asuna's activation thing at home, I kind of have an idea of what it might be from the other anime. I could be wrong. Phew, that's two close calls in 2 days? and he gets some in the end. Kirito, you game good.

I would say the Kirito x Asuna relationship wasn't too fast in a show that just lurches forward in time so. Their frequent meetings in episodes compared to Sacchi, Silica, Lizabeth, in any show is basically 'shipping' them. Though it didn't help when all the Asuna anticipation posts started from the first episode's thread, my fault for reading forums if I want to truly go in fresh. Honestly, (loving) relationships can start up for any reason, small to big, good to bad. People just prefer slow and good. If you want to say the pairing was too fast then you can attribute it to the rescuer and rescuee kind of a start. (and 2nd page is where I stopped reading this thread)
Kmos is offline   Reply With Quote