View Single Post
Old 2012-10-30, 19:23   Link #1736
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
There are several novels that take place after the movie. The anime to this point ahs done all of LNs 1-4 and most of LN 5 and 6. There are still some short stories in 5 and 6 that need doing and there are still LN 7-11 out there.

I think the suggestion was that the DVDs might not be avalible much longer while the LNs will still be around for a while. At least in North America.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
spawn already brought up R1, but it's the DVD region for North America. The two R2 regions (Japan (for one format) and Europe (for the other)) will still have it in print at the end of next month. Bandai included the extras such as "making of" clips, location scouting clips, making of the music video for the 2009 OP single, commercials, and ASOS Brigade (one of Bandai's marketing techniques for the franchise) on their DVDs. The other two major players in R1, Funimation and Sentai Filmworks, often leave out extras like these so its probable that the only R1 release that will have these extras are the ones from Bandai, which go out of print next month. That's why I recommend them over the light novels, which Yen will keep in print for much much longer.

There's always a possibliity. Haruhi is one of the few franchises that has sold tons of DVDs, novels, manga, and was one of the first big merchandise selling franchises in the recent late night anime boom (of course Eva was one of the first and there's always the toy anime like Gundum). It's always rumored that there's more in the works. To be honest, we don't know. The next animation work from Kyoto Animation has not been announced, but it's possible that it could be Haruhi. We, and the JP fans, don't know what's coming next.
All your answers are very much appreciated. Thank you all (including you too Ithekro)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
No one knows what lurks in the heart of KyoAni's studios. Not even the Shadow knows.
Lol Will I be missing out on much if I decide to get the LN instead?

Last edited by Student no.0; 2012-10-30 at 21:37.