Thread: Licensed Date A Live [Light Novel]
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-16, 19:31   Link #2309
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
The things I don't really like about the Shidou-Tohka pairing:
- Shidou relied heavily on external aid to win Tohka's affection. In a way, the start of their relationship "was all but a lie". It is the AI+crew on Fraxinus that did most of the work.
- This is further carried on later novels: Tohka becomes unhappy = unstable mood whenever Shidou ignores her. Since having a backflow of spirit power is quite dangerous, I feel as if Shidou is being blackmailed into complying Tohka's wishes. Fortunately for Tohka, Shidou is a nice guy and rarely feels annoyed/frustrated by that. Imagine how Shidou will feel if he has his eyes on another girl and Tohka just refuse to let go! (This is also a reason why I want to see Shidou genuinely fall for someone else: Tohka must learn).
- Tohka has this extremely strong unquestionable love for Shidou original from their initial few meetings. I see her as a rather naive child-like girl who knows nothing relationship wise beside "I just want to be together with Shidou, else I will be unhappy". Her reason for loving Shidou, while is shared by other heroines, feels relatively weaker and more shallow.
- I also feel their relationship advance over time just because the two of them are always together.

Of all the heroines so far, I think Miku by far has the best "route": she started off with a very strong distaste in men and is 200% yuri. Through Shidou's (+Shiori's) interaction (and with Kurumi's help), he is able to open her heart and gave her a valid reason to fall in love of him, shown through both words and action.

Kurumi also does not disappoint, originally seeing Shidou as nothing but prey, Shidou's will to protect all spirits and to save her was able to reach into her dark heart.

Poor Origami (see previous post) . Oh we have yet to have her appear on the cover. I can see her blackmailing Shidou if she ever gets turned into a spirit. "I will only let you kiss me if you sign this marriage registration and make out with me tonight".

Kotori is also a loser in the battle. Her live with her favorite onii-chan got disrupted by all the spirits. Her spirit's power has always been with Shidou and protected him from all sorts of dangers, and her command over Fraxinus is all for the sake of Shidou. Yet at the end she gets no credit for all the things she has done even though she is right beside him all along.
Tohka doesn't love shidou its just he was the first human who didn't try to shoot her.
Kotori's not a loser because she knew this was going to happen the whole time.
The massive loser is Ogami. Not only did she nearly kill shidou when she was trying to kill tohka but Shidou's sister is the one who appeared to kill her parents (whether the truth is known idk). She's outclassed by Tohka and the two hurricane twins. Plus Mana is her brother and she's just an outsider despite having a very nice body.
How is it the best route when she practically hates men and in order to win her he has to crossdress. The best route is the twins because before they went nuts the two were competing to jump his bones and had more naughty moments then tohka ogami kotori and Kurumi combined
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote