View Single Post
Old 2012-07-23, 12:39   Link #1709
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare Boy View Post
So I was thinking of getting back to this series sometime in the future. How would you recommend I do so? Is the 2009 version the same as the 2006 version content-wise, just in chronological order?
The 2009 order is the 2006 episodes in chronological order with additional episodes filling in the gaps that the 2006 episodes didn't animate prior to Disappearance. It's highly probable that this "re-airing" order is designed to end with the movie as the climax of the "tale" similar to how the jumbled broadcast order ended with Melancholy VI. I would recommend watching the 2009 order and then finishing with the movie. This allows you to see everything prior to December 24th in the Haruhi series.

I would also recommend watching as many of the Endless Eight episodes that you can take and then skipping to the 8th episode of that arc (19th episode in 2009 order). This allows you to experience what the creators were intending without allowing yourself to become bored with that story.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT