View Single Post
Old 2013-01-20, 14:35   Link #1268
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
You know, I have an interesting question for gun owners. A sort of "what would you do in this situation" kind of thing.

Let's say another "terrorist" attack happens, maybe multiple ones at the same time, all involving al quaida sympathizers who shoot up various places at the same time: schools, hospitals, train stations, airports, etc. Several hundred to a thousand people die. In response to this, a majority of the population finally pushes Congress into enacting a gun ban. You can own a single air rifle if you wish, but have to have a license and a thorough background check.

And before you ask, they get around the 2nd amendment by saying that, yes, someone can have other guns, but only if they are in a state-sanctioned militia unit. They argue that knives are arms, too, and thus they aren't truly infringing because you can still have arms, just not guns (except the aforementioned air rifle... and we'll throw in a musket, too).

So, congress passes these laws, and thus the police and the feds go out through the country collecting all the guns. So, your nightmare scenario is here, and it is something the majority of the populace want (call it 51% if you want). They are now knocking on your door, and have come for your guns, as the fear has been stated often enough.

What do you do? Do you hand them over and continue to fight in the system to get the law repealed? Do you shoot, or threaten to shoot the feds at your door? Do you disappear into the countryside with fellow gun owners and hide, while working up a guerilla unit?

I am trying to understand what exactly gun owners plan to accomplish, in the oft-stated nightmare scenario, but tweaking it a bit to make it a bit more realistic. Help me to understand what it is you would hope to accomplish, and what your plan of action would be.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote