View Single Post
Old 2013-07-01, 13:03   Link #590
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Maybe I remembered it wrongly, but they were still punished right ?
They were punished, yes, but the things they did, compared to the punishment received, means it was basically a slap in the wrist.

Of course, they did it to save a member of royalty, so in a monarchy where the monarch still holds real power, that would count for a lot, but i don't really count a monarch any higher in value than a random beggar on the street, unless there is an actual utilitarian reason why the monarch is needed more than the beggar.

And the princess was not shown to have such a high value as to be worth all the lives lost.
Sure, the dude that was pretending to be a rightful heir would probably have been a worse monarch,, but that's only probably,
And in the end it was almost pure luck they did not fail in their schemes, so even if the princess that got saved is worth all the shit that went down, it ended way too close for comfort to just say all the things unicorn did were justified.

Although, it being that i was mostly watching the things from the viewpoint of the two protagonists, i am probably biased, so my opinions should be taken with a heavy dose of salt.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote