View Single Post
Old 2014-08-05, 07:59   Link #2476
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Toycon 2014 (day 3)

This anime convention is a large three day event (June 20, 21 and 22), at SM Megatrade halls 1 to 3. And before we proceed, I think it's right to mention that despite being a large event.. Toycon is a well organized one - there are plenty of people, but we could still move around fairly easily.

Without any further delay, here are the pics:

We arrived at about 11 a.m, and parked the car at the 4th floor. We then went up to the 5th floor and walked towards the convention area. My companions at the car. Karen as Mirai Suenaga, Mich as Kurumi from Date a Live, and Sarah as Miyuki from Lucky Star.

While walking we met some Japanese tourists! Yes, real Japanese. It's sort of hard to talk to them, but they do understand the word "cosplay" very well. Took a souvenir pic.

Took a few more shots near the stairs before we proceeded to the convention area.

Outside Megatrade Hall 3

Time: Approximately 11:35 a.m

First cosplayers that we met at the convention area are Josh ang Jen. Looks like they're cosplaying as characters from a game.

. .

Ciel Phantomhive cosplay Aneish

Then we noticed a familiar looking person.. it's our friend Grace, she's cosplaying as Ryuuko Matoi from Kill la Kill. This is the costume that got her 2nd place in a contest that happened a few months ago. She created all parts of the costume except for the wig.

. . . .

Yukikaze from Kancolle. Was not able to know her name because I could not understand the handwriting of her parent / guardian. Sorry. >_<

. . .

Maid cosplay by Yhinna. She did not write the character, so I said maid. But I might update this part after we contact her on fb. I saw her character using a gun on another pic, so this might not be a simple maid after all.

Bea cosplaying as Yuno from Mirai Nikki

. .

Kathrina as Lunaria from Dragon Nest

Ragnarok Valkyrie cosplay by Chielo.

Ok, that's enough walking around for now. Time to buy some tickets.

Inside Megatrade Hall 3

Time: Approximately 12:35 p.m

Let's walk around for awhile. The area for Toycon is large.

. . .

Some of the things that are for sale.

. . .

We met a Pikachu! ^^

Pikachu cosplay by Celina.

Luffie cosplay by Neko

Kira Fujoshi cosplaying as Mirai

Schoolgirl cosplay by Senen. We met her and her mom near one of the booths. She asked if she could take a pic with Karen.

Catgirl cosplay by Neji Kuchiki. She has a long tail. *-*

Tamago cases and bases. I think they sell cas, so that your anime figurines can be displayed without worry. They have a friendly booth girl as well - sorry wasn't able to write your name on my mini notebook. >_<

My companions want to do some things at the hallway, so we decide to go out. On our way out, we saw a Jin Kazama cosplayer. Looks like he really works out in the gym.

Saw some Star Wars figurines while heading for the exit.

Outside Megatrade Hall 3

Time: Approximately 2:30 p.m

Met a cute Rikka cosplayer.

Rikka Takanashi cosplay by Sayuri Misaki.

. .

I took picture of a cosplayer while Karen buys some snack. ^^

Jill Valentine cosplay by Alexia

. .

Female Mcdonalds cosplay by Yumi

Mikasa Ackerman cosplay by Coleen. Told me that she does not have the jacket yet. Though I think that scarf looks good on her. ^-^

Met a friend. The girl with the hat is Nekozawa Nanaho-san. We became friends because we both like cats. Her costume is still in her bag.

Cobra soldier cosplay by Jerome.

And.. found another friend.. it's Menma!. Menma mitsuketa ;____; Actually, it's my friend Cynthia. We had a talk the day before that we would play a game - I would try to find her on the convention. Found Menma before she disappeared. ^^

. .

At the far end of the hallway, near the carpark

Time: Approximately 3:15 pm

Still plenty of cosplayers to take pics of. Let's keep going.

Nyaruko-san cosplay by Savanah and what looks like a mage cosplay by MyMy. I forgot to ask MyMy the name of the character that she's cosplaying. This part might become edited once I talk to her.

Hmm. Looks like a banner. Saw it on spread out on the floor.

Sailormoon group cosplay. Sorry, my notes aren't very detailed on this one. So far, I know two of them wrote on my notebook. Marjo Castro and Mary, but I don't know who they are in these 3. Might edit this part if I could to them again.

One more shot with Nyaruko-sama! ^^

Maid cosplay by Haru San Juan

Xyra cosplaying as XY.

Bittersweet Lulu cosplay by Mimi. I like her smile.

Kate cosplaying as Rei Miyamoto from High School of the Dead. Looks like she just finished fighting some zombies. o_o /just kidding

. . .

Mirai Kuriyama maid version. Cosplay by Hannah

Saw another friend. Misaki Mei, she cosplayed as Chii last Ozine 2014. This time she came to see us, because she delivered the Chii ears that we ordered (we would use the ears this coming September at BOA).

Christine cosplaying as Mugi from K-On.

At the far end of the hallway, near the carpark

Time: Approximately 4 pm

Now starting to get a little tired, so we took a rest at a corner - but it's a surprise because we unexpectedly saw some friends who are also resting there.

Cardcaptor Sakura cosplay by Andrea. One of the friends that we saw while resting. Her costume has real bells attached to it. The bells make a sound when she moves.

Human mono bear cosplay by Kaitlin. Another friend that we saw while we are taking a rest. She has a cosplay costume selling business, it's where she gets funds for making her own costumes.

. . .

Vampire Knight cosplay by Phili

. .

Eca cosplaying as Taiga from Toradora.

Hallway of 5th floor

Time: Approximately 4:30 pm

Not tired anymore. Time to walk to get pics from cosplayers in other areas of the convention.

Saw another friend. Yuki and Ej (mono bear). One group pic with the two of them.

And walking just a little bit more. Saw a friend that we didn't expect to see. Ross cosplaying as archbishop job class from Ragnarok Online. A really nice person. She's also the leader of 15 Raindrop dance group.

. . .

Received text on my cp from Donna. Told me that she and her group are at the entrance of megatrade hall 3. So we say good bye to Ross, and walk towards hall 3.

Hallway of 5th floor

Time: Approximately 4:45 pm

Donna as Kanbaru and Abe Gail as Hitagi. I don't know the others. But I was told later that the one cosplaying as Mayoi is Abe Gail's little sis. I guess cosplaying can be passed on to family members. XD

Inside Megatrade Hall 3

Time: Approximately 5 pm

Ok, it's getting late. Time for one last walk inside the megatrade hall area of Toycon 2014. The day has been great so far. Oh, and a big thank you Donna-chan. Arigatou gozaimasu for the belated birthday gift.

One last look at the shops

They asked Karen if they could take a pic with her. We asked the little girl if she would become a cosplayer when she grows up? ^^

Hall way of 5th floor

Time: Approximately 5:15 pm

Decided that we should eat a little snack first before going home.

We saw a human size Jake the Dog cosplay. Big costume.

One more pic with Hannah. The Mirai Kuriyama cosplayer that we saw an hour ago.

And one last pic before going down the stairs. Hatsune Miku Kimono version by Kristel Joy. First time that I saw this kind, there's really so many mikus out there. ^^

. .

Hall way of 4th floor

Time: Approximately 5:30 pm

We saw a store selling flowers shaped like candies. And some are shaped like Pooh Bear. :3

We saw cosplayers near the candy store. Or to be more exact, they saw us. They asked Mich for a pic.

Kurumi spirit version by Konan. Two Kurumi are better then one. ^^

Karen really wants some cotton candy. But we later forgot to buy one because of the rush to get to Mcdonalds.

Eat some snacks at Mcdonalds... - Karen ate plenty of ice cream because we were not able to buy her some cotton candy. *-*

Ah, the strength to walk again is back. Saw another Date A Live cosplayer while walking back to the carpark.

Tobiichi Origami cosplay by Leeanne Mae. Hmm, there's a huge rise in the number of Date A Live cosplayers in conventions here. They should make a season 3.

And the last cosplayer that we met is Sachie. She's cosplaying as Karuta Roromiya from Inu x Boku.

Some last pics before we went back to the carpark.

. .

Toycon 2014 is a good convention. Saw many friends, plenty of cheerful cosplayers, and the area is pretty much well organized. This is so much better than the totally terrible Ozine convention last April. >_<

Goodbye, and hope to visit again next year for Toycon 2015. ",)

Pic taken after getting home:

Belated birthday gift from Donna-chan. A pusheen wallet. Arigatou. ^^

Graham Balls (graham coated marshmallows)\ - they're delicious! And cellphone covers, bought the covers as simple remembrance of this day. :3

__________________________________________________ _________________

Toycon day 2

Please read: These pics are contributed by friends who attended the second day. I do not own these pics. Credits goes to their owners.

Ichigo panda-chan cosplaying as Utau Hoshina from Shugo Chara. One of my long time friends in conventions. Have met her when I was just starting to take pics in cons. The pandas are souvenirs that she bought at Toycon.

. . .

Rhoan as Layla Malcal from Code Geass. These pics were taken using her cam. She even got a shot of Alodia on stage.

. . .

Alodia Gosiengfiao on stage, pic taken by Rhoan.

__________________________________________________ _________________

Toycon day 3

Please read: These pics are contributed by friends who attended the third day, but we were not able to meet. I do not own these pics. Credits goes to their owners.

Haruhi Chiisai as Yaya from Unbreakable Machine Doll.

. .
"Yaya will accompany you Raishin. All the way to bed!" - Yaya

Ichigo Hoshimiya cosplay by Renka-chan.

Cheenee as Nargacuga from Monster Hunter (female set), Jean as Erza Scarlet, and Aya as Shirakiin Ririchiyo (demon form). They are former members of 15 Raindrop dance group. Have seen them dance a couple of times already, and they're good.

. .

Yuki Nagato gothic version. Cosplay by Gennica. Another friend that I haven't seen for a long time - nice to know that you're ok and still cosplaying Gennica-chan.

. .

Well, that's all. Thanks for reading, and thank you to everyone who contributed pics to this writeup. ",)

Next convention that we would attend is Best of Anime 2014 on September.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2014-08-24 at 00:13.
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote