View Single Post
Old 2012-07-08, 13:44   Link #29583
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
As for Requiem... I think it was pretty obviously written by Touya but not released. From the first scenes of Requiem:

BATTLER: "......This is... the unique tale I made for you."
This tale will be shut up with you in your coffin, for all eternity
So, no one will be able to read it except for you, there in your coffin.
[...]
"......Between just me and her, ...just the two of us, this is the one and only certain truth."
In the manga the tale placed in Beato's grave is Dawn, not Requiem.
It's true that the manga might differ in terms of canon with the novel, but Ryukishi said he would give hints through it and Dawn too was written by Battler. That's true Ikuko let Ange read it but it's in a meta scene. And Will read Battler's tale as he commented it was the funnier (or something like that).

I'll say in order to write Requiem, Yasu's help is needed so either Yasu is Ikuko and she helped Toya write it or, before dying, Yasu passed a huge amount of info on her life to Battler... Otherwise Requiem is a speculation on Yasu's life way huger than Ep 4 might be on Ange's life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndqanh_vn View Post
And isn't Yasu/Beatrice's aim is always for Battler to remember? So if he remembers and know the truth (ep 5 infamous:"And...I understand") doesn't it mean she already win?
Yes but she's... acting childishly about it. She's sort of like a kid who wants a certain toy as a present but doesn't want to tell her parents which toy it is and challenge them to guess it, thinking that their guessing right will prove they love her.

There's the risk they won't guess right and the fact they failed will bring her to a 'Pyrrhic victory'. Yes, they couldn't guess what she wanted but hey, she didn't got what she wanted... though to her getting it merely by telling them what she wants would be meaningless as well as it would prove nothing.

Though some people in a love relation do the same saying to their loved one things like: 'if you truly loved me you would know what I want/think right now' so maybe it fits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndqanh_vn View Post
This is some seperate issue but I don't quite get the "for world peace" thing in Amakusa and Okonogi.
Is that because they're afraid that the truth about the Italian submarines is annouced? Honestly I don't think she could find the gold or find any trace for the submarine story, which could be true or not.
In the same vein, I don't get why Amasuka has to kill Ange, too. The only way Ange is not killed is for her to abandon the fortune. It is quite irony then that the guy who kept speaking about LOVE ends up killing her for money, so I never took that theory serious.
I thought it was some sort of excuse supposed to mean they didn't want people to argue over the company ownership. If I'm not wrong it was said in Ep 8 that when Ange inherited the business people weren't exactly pleased of this and of how she was handling things. It might seem mean but they likely feared for the company to fail and they didn't want to end up in a situation like the one in which the siblings were in 1986.
So getting rid of Ange and the Sumadera who are 'a threat' to the Ushiromiya group would 'bring peace' among the Ushiromiya group.

Though this is only my interpretation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
So, why is it that Ange is referred to as "Ange-Beatrice" and "The Witch of Resurrection"? It's something I've kind of wondered about for a long time and I'd like to hear peoples' thoughts on it.
I thought one got the title of Beatrice by inheriting the gold/headship... this is what happened to Yasu, who in Ep 7 says something about having become Beatrice for real once she found the gold, Eva, who became Eva-Beatrice when she found the gold and became its owner and Ange, who inherited everything from Eva... though the thing might be tied to the gameboard as well. Beato controls it, Eva Beatrice takes her place in game 3 and Ange Beatrice can use magic in Beato's golden land in which only her magic should work... though AngeBeatrice can't hand to Battler the solution to Beato's gameboard and Eva Beatrice was 'beaten' by Beato so maybe the gameboard is more Beato's domain than the other Beatrice's.

On a sidenote... someone told me that when Battler became the golden wizard he also became a 'Beatrice' but I can't find it in the text... someone can confirm/deny this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
Edit : Ending up expanding on this. Maria in arc 7 denies the events between her and Ange mentioned by Ange in arc 4. Isn't there a chance Maria from arc 7 is right? I guess I'm proposing this :
Wait, where? I can't remember...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifloon View Post
Hm, there seems to be some kind of 'battle' going on between the Shkanontrice supporters and the KnownNoMore supporters on /seacats/ right now.

Though it just seems to be the same repeated arguments over the logic error and the EP3 first twilight that always seem to happen.
There's to say KnowNoMore got a huge fanbase if he has supporters who're willing to fight the official theory...

And sorry for replying only now to some old threads but I just got back from Rome and there I didn't have the pc... ^_^;;;
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote