Thread: Licensed Elfen Lied
View Single Post
Old 2004-12-16, 04:12   Link #1070
Icehawk

Quote:
Joining the heated debate, I guess that Ice-Hawk refers to the following picture below for Lucy to pay for her crimes.
Nah not like that, personally if I was in charge, I'm sympathetic enough to her that I'd just keep her secluded in solitary confinement in a plain room (heavily armored of course) with nothing she could manipulate. She'd be free to move around, no need for all the binding down and gaging since that doesnt stop her ability to use Vectors anyways. She'd be allowed visitation and communication rights and all that jazz so Kouta and the gang could see her whenever they want to. A case like hers is quite tragic because of the fact she had such a poor life as a kid with all that negative influence, however, she made the choice to embrace her dark side, ignorantly generalize the rest of humanity, and kill all those people that didnt deserve it and so I just cannot ignore that.

Now of course if I were in charge of making a sequel to the anime I wouldnt exactly do that. For that I would either do 3 courses of action:

1) She died from that hail of bullets that she chose to face in ep 13 and is a dead character.

2) She managed to survived but she cannot use her Vectors anymore and at the end of it all either turns herself in or is taken in.

3) She survived but she is only Nyuu now. Lucy personality is dead along with Vector ability.

Im not sure which one to choose as they would all be acceptable to me IMO, but thats the way its gotta go from this point out. No clear cut "Happily ever after" crap here. You don't spill that much blood without something coming back at you.

Last edited by Icehawk; 2004-12-16 at 04:29.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote