View Single Post
Old 2008-01-08, 04:22   Link #35
ChibiMenos
Gillian-class Chibi

When it comes to politics, I just can't bring myself to care that much. Or maybe it would be better to say, I just don't care about the politicians. It's the policy that's important, and really we don't get to see very much in the way of substantial plans during campaigning. And often there's not a lot to go on when it comes to past decisions and stuff, since politicians seem as if they change their minds an awful lot...

I might be willing to go with McCain, since he's definitely shown the ability to work with both (major) parties, but I just can't see him getting the nomination. I can hope, though.

Otherwise, I probably won't vote--unless I really distrust one of the contenders, in which case I suppose I'll have to choose the other.

btw, it really really bothers me when people start going on about how Clinton will automatically get loads of female votes because she's a woman. It seems like a really sexist view... and since I know this forum's population is actually fairly intelligent, it's both surprising and disappointing. It's like saying she'll get tons of male votes because she has breasts, or something like that--it just doesn't make any sense. Women choose who they vote for the same way men do--everyone's method is different, and I would hope that most people, of both sexes make their choice based on substance, or at least personality, rather than some more superficial trait...
ChibiMenos is offline   Reply With Quote