View Single Post
Old 2010-05-20, 23:06   Link #10364
Kylon99

By the way, Linkin's theory kind of touched a series of ideas. He said that someone has to maintain an illusion that Kanon is alive... here's the idea that just popped into my head.

Kanon is the heir in Kinzo's will. Through his promise, the servants will be the ones to inherit either the gold or some money. In other words, the servants are also another inheritance faction. They keep the illusion of Kinzo being alive to keep Natsuhi unaware, but they burn the body to expose his death. If his death is exposed, his will can be executed.

The Beatrice faction (the servants) can also declare that they 'own' the gold through the will. The will also attests to the existence of the gold. They sometimes collude with Eva's anti-inheritance faction. They can sometimes collude Krauss and Natsuhi. They can bribe people to play dead with this will.

If Kanon is exposed to be already dead, then the will loses its meaning. So Shannon is forced to 'play' him. But she doesn't want to, forever. She would rather marry George and leave the island.

Ok... so... how viable is this idea? Are there clues? If we can figure out which side the Beatrice faction sides with (and possibly reveal to one faction that Kanon is indeed dead), if they do at all, are there clues that show they try to maintain the illusion to the opposite side?

Anyways, I had been thinking about Kanon lately and trying to associate his 'events' with other events, especially Kinzo. For example... Kanon seems to die if Kinzo's body is burned. Kanon can 'survive' to the last end in most episodes by faking his death. Kanon seems to turn and kill people, even supposedly fellow servants. Etc, etc. I had hoped to figure something out using that though...
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote