View Single Post
Old 2006-04-05, 22:02   Link #28
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag
Uh, nah. I wouldn't exactly call Luffy and Goku supreme slobs, might want to clarify what you mean by that. I don't remember Luffy exhibiting eating any filthy or grotesque thing in his sight. Much less that at least with Luffy he plumps while with Goku the characteristic is quite common among the main characters in DBZ much less gets overdone to the point of tedium.
Are you kidding me?? Have you ever seen Luffy and Goku eat?? I'd call anyone a slob who has food flying in every direction as they eat or makes people almost wanna hurl or lose their appettite at the very sight of them eating....Goku eats everything from dinosaur tales to original Piccolo's spawned goblin children while Luffy loves Bull-faced fish amoungst anything else that breaths he can find...I'd consider all that grotesque if they were on my dinner table or a random episode of Fear Factor...Sayains eat the creatures of the planets they destroy BTW just for reference and just last episode Luffy wanted to eat the raw meat of that sliced up sea creature...If you don't call that gross, please don't invite me to dinner...

I won't even go thru the rest because my point in comparing characters was the TYPE OF COMEDY each brings to their show (Which is similiar, even if it's general it's still similiar), not that the characters are totally 100% the same, I think you missed the point....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingRightness
Sparred half-a$$ with Cell (for a good deal of that fight) to let Gohan see his moves
As for Goku...he didn't get serious until the end when he stupidly allowed Cell to regenerate when he could have blasted him again (Even gave him a sensui bean)...he admitted to holding back for the whole first half of that fight....as for Majin buu (Fat buu, not kid buu), he admits that he could have destroyed him if he wanted too, but he wanted Goten and Gohan to take over as Earths heroes, this is right before he runs out of time on Earth...Shockingly he could have even defeated kid buu, but because he's a baka (like Luffy) he forgot that once he was wished backed to life he couldn't store energy like he could in his heaven-form, which got Vegeta really beat badly as he waited for Goku's ultimate power-up which never happened...Thank God for Satan who saved the day :/ (Did I just say that)...Goku always fights to test his abilities first, this is mentioned or alluded to several, several times during the course of the DBZGT...

No need to debate this much further as it is off-topic, but I see why you don't really get the comparisons or really like the show cause you don't know the content...