View Single Post
Old 2004-05-18, 16:46   Link #21
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonz20
not really. wanksta was okay but what brought him national attention was "in da club". that song alone is what got him those multi-platinum sells and made him who he is. and i heard of 50 before this and he was okay. he's slightly better than the average rapper (J-Kwon or any of these noobs) out there but he depends way too much on the beats. i only like his songs due to the catchy beats. if u compare him to the greats, he sucks.

eminem may claim him to be a good rapper but he has really done nothing to impress me. he has no imagination and his lyrics are lame. i mean what da hell is this (taken from wanna get to know you):

What would fuck me up more
Watching her lick her lips
Or watching her walk she hypnotize me with her hips (yeah) man
I sweet talking her if she like
Cause all she really want is a nigga to treat her right right
Look I'm legit now used to break laws
Now you can reap the benefit of world tours
Big house big Benz girl it yours
Mink coats Italian shoes stones with no flaws
You ain't go to look like a model for me to adore you
All you gotta do is love me and be loyal
Don't Indulge in my past fuck what happened before you
Cause their be some honies gonna hate you that never saw you
Come here let my touch on you I let you touch on me
Put my tounge on you you put your tounge on me
Let me ride on you and you can ride on
We can do it all the night
We can have a balla night

i can come up w/ better bullshit that this. what sells is the hook and beats in hiphop and that's what he's using. Joe is the hook and beats I think came from Eminem but I am not sure about that...
One i think its nice and its a song about a girl not life death,niggaz,hood ghetto. Second did he write it?