View Single Post
Old 2009-04-13, 21:36   Link #463
Chaos Zangetsu
Demon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Rukia's not actually a seated officer, though she's at the skill level of a seated officer. But she feared Grand Fisher because she didn't have most of her powers and Ichigo was a rookie shinigami at the time. GF is very dangerous for ordinary shinigami but just about all the shinigami featured in the story are leagues above GF and any captain could handle Grand Fisher just as effortlessly as Isshin.
I understand how Rukia felt at the time, but we don't know who went up against GF. For all we know, a lieutenant could've lost against GF before Ichigo. Regardless, we do agree that Isshin is at least Captain level right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Isshin knows about the existence of the vizard but he described them as group of "criminal shinigami who used forbidden spells to gain hollow powers.". For him the describe them like that means he doesn't know their true origin since they're actually victims of Aizen's experiments and not criminals. That might mean Urahara hasn't been straightfoward about his connection to the vizard either.
Well, that statement isn't what what SS or Urahara thought of it. Soul Society though Urahara and Tessai performed experiments on them(Aizen probaly framed them to get them to hopefully get them killed since they knew too much) and the truth known by Urahara was Aizen did it and not him. I'd think SS would believe Aizen though because Urahara disobeyed orders and go out of the barracks, plus the fact that Soul Society presumably found evidence(most likely planted by Aizen or evidence of the Vizard's bodies at Urahara's or that their bodies were there).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakuraame View Post
I saw that too. Seeing Isshin's view on the Vizard and seeing that Urahara doesn't correct him, it led me to believe that Isshin was around during the Vizard incident and was probably involved in tailing them for capture or something. He talks about the Vizard as if he was sent out on a search party for them. And his description reads like an official definition given out by Yamamoto or the 46 Council members (is that what they're called? I can't remember right now...). I thought that seeing that Isshin's reiatsu isn't recognized by Shinji, it might have been plausible that Isshin was a vice-captain at the time and then promoted after. My logic was that info about the Vizard seems to be something that the Gotei 13 and the 46 Council would want to keep on the DL and so only high ranking shinigami and/or shinigami involved at the time would be privy to that info. Agree? Disagree?

Actually now I'm confused as to how Soul Society views the Vizard. Hollowfication experiments or criminal shinigami?
The offical record of the incident by the Central 46 was that Urahara and Tessai had performed Hollowification research on Shinji and the others. I think Aizen framed them after he got away from Urahara and Tessai to cover his tracks and it would be very believeable since all he had to do was show Shinji and the others or evidence of them being in Urahara's quarters and plus the most ideal person to be able to carry out research like that is the very head of the Research and Technology Department itself, which just happened to be Urahara. I don't think that Central 46 actuallyt knew the truth, so the only thing with evidence they could rely on was Aizen's framing of Urahara and Tessai. Any shinigami involved in the capture or any shinigami not involved would've gotten the same answer if they asked.