Thread: StarCraft 2
View Single Post
Old 2004-12-08, 02:18   Link #8
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindStriker
Ghost has not been released yet. Its not even being developed by blizzard. Its being done by a third party developer by the name of Swingin' Ape Studios.

Link

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/528/528918p1.html

Personaly i think once wow is done they will anonce a true rts starcraft sequel. until they do i will be waiting for ghost.
For those too lazy to follow the link, I will elaborate a little bit.....the game has been in development for several years now. It was supposed to be released last year...there were even pre-order boxes on the shelves, but Blizzard management apparently didn't like the way the game was shaping up, so they pulled the team working on it off of it. Blizzard has a great track record for making only fantastic games, so they are really careful about quality control. Anyway, another team has apparently been assigned to the project to shape things up- although I hadn't heard anything about a third party developer. Believe me- if the game had already come out, you would have heard about it.

Yeah, I'd love to see a Starcraft sequel- easily the best RTS ever made, but it has been so long that I'm not holding my breath.