View Single Post
Old 2011-11-26, 05:20   Link #77
Brimstone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
As I said, I grew up on the action-orientated stuff of the late 90's/early 2000's, and the biggest change I've seen between now and then that is my personal hatred is... lack of a strong male lead. Granted, a lot of my shows tend to be harem shows... and they've changed a lot too. In the original harems (Tenchi, for example), sure, the girls can kick a ton of ass, but Tenchi himself was just as powerful, or as often hinted, perhaps even more so. But, it's gradually become a case of the girls do a lot of fighting (so that there is sexual fanservice galore), while the most the male lead can do is stumble into perverted situations (which further adds to the fanservice).

/FACEPALM

Not this shit again

Fall Season 2011

C³ -C Cube- : Haruaki Yachi (Decent fighter)
Shakugan no Shana : Sakai Yuji (Ace-in-the-hole)
Ben-To : You Satou (Strong fighter)
Persona 4: Narukami Yuu (MVP)

Summer Season 2011

Nurarihyon no Mago Sennen Makyou : Nura Rikou (Strong fighter to MVP)
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni! : Yoshii Akihisa (reliable Idiot)
Kami-sama no Memo-chou : Fujishima Narumi (reliable Idiot)
Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi : Kurogane Taito (Decent fighter, or was it Ace-in-the-hole?)

Spring Season 2011

Hidan no Aria: Tohyama Kinji (Decent fighter to MVP)
DOG DAYS: Izumi Shinku (MVP)
Ao no Exorcist: Okumura Rin (MVP)

Winter Season 2011

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?: Aikawa Ayumu (Decent Fighter)
IS - Infinite Stratos: Orimura Ichika (Ace-in-the-hole)

Fall Season 2010

STAR DRIVER Kagayaki no Takuto: Tsunashi Takuto (MVP)
To Aru Majutsu no Index II: Kamijou Touma (Ace-in-the-hole)

Summer Season 2010

Nurarihyon no Mago: Nura Rikuo (MVP)
Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi: Morino Ryoushi (Strong fighter)
The Legend of the Legendary Heroes: Ryner Lute (Strong fighter to Ace-in-the-hole)

Spring Season 2010

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou: Sai Akuto (MVP)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the ones that fall under strictly fighting shows, I haven't included the ones from normal romcom series, and I haven't included the ones I didn't watched or didn't like... This was for only these two years.

So to put it simply- For every Sora no Otoshimono and SEKIREI you show me, I've got 6 to 8 other shows with strong fighting male leads to counter that.

Last edited by Brimstone; 2011-11-26 at 05:32.
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote