View Single Post
Old 2012-01-30, 05:50   Link #3679
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
I agree completely, but I think it's better and easier to form and opinion when you have more information, that's why I suggested DragoZERO to read the interviews and articles you have translated.
Oh, I get that. That's why I translated them in the first place.

But I'd rather people not misrepresent what I (or others) have translated - e.g. Kawamori supposedly stating his surprise that 'people thought the ending bittersweet', or Yoshino supposedly saying that 'Alto chose Sheryl in the series'. As far as I'm aware, neither of these is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
But isn't the purpose of being in a forum to chat, discuss and read the opinions of others to then form our own? but I kind of understand why you would prefer to do it that way.
It's a tough one. In some cases, I would agree. But in the case of Frontier, I'm not going to say what I think because the explanation behind it is something I really think people would appreciate better if they came about it themselves.

In sum, this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heibi View Post
The fact that Sheryl wakes up and the her and Ranka have a concert means Alto came back.
is not necessarily true. It is entirely possible that Sheryl woke up without Alto returning. Optimists (and most romantics) will say that he did come back, others will say that he didn't. Based on the film alone, both views are plausible, though most people have definitely taken the optimistic view.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes