View Single Post
Old 2007-02-15, 20:07   Link #54
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
For all of you who are unconvinced with Naruto surpassing Kakashi, ask yourself this:

"what would Naruto have to do for you to believe this statement"?

How about.....
Coming up with jutsu that blows Chidori out of the water? not enough?
How about beating someone who was beating (read: owning) Kakashi?
How about Kakashi personally saying it?

Next thing you know Naruto is destroying the universe with a completed Rasengan and haters will say: the universe got dumb.
I agree with what both you and GrAYFox said but I also have to say that Kishi did make the Naruto's change rather unconvincing. Naruto was facing a Kakuzu who was minus 2 hearts and still had to be saved by Kakashi and Yamato. And while this doesn't change the fact that he single-handedly defeated the Akatsuki member, it makes his victory seem less epic than it would've been if he had faced Kakuzu at full strength with no help. I'm pretty sure that Naruto is destined to fumble and bumble his way through the majority of his battles though. Still, there's no reason to say he hasn't grown when there was obvious improvement

On to the chapter:

The revelation about Kurenai's pregnancy is interesting, but it also means that anyone hoping to see Kurenai in action post-timeskip won't be getting their wish for a while. This even might be Kishi's way of "retiring" Kurenai's character. But hopefully, this isn't the case, and she won't just be limited to cameo roles of her with the kid.

I was surprised to see that Sasuke had knocked out but not killed all those ninja. It seems like he might still have morals left, especially since it seems like it would be easier to just kill opponents rather than subdue them. On that note, I also noticed that Kakashi landed the finishing blow on Kakuzu. It reminded me of comment Sazelyt made about the story avoiding having Naruto kill his opponents. Seems like he might be right. I didn't like Kakuzu grovelling before he died though.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote