View Single Post
Old 2008-03-20, 21:22   Link #3
azyuma86

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfs View Post
Wow, I just listened to the samples on that page. Are there really sounds like that throughout the files you downloaded?

I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be a production problem, at least I hope it isn't, but it might be an artifact introduced by the audio data compression.

If you use ffdshow audio for decoding audio (if you have CCCP you probably do) you can try to enable the FIR Filter function in it, it might be able to remove the sounds. You need to use the lowpass filter. (Allows low frequencies to pass and kills high frequencies.) You might need to experiment with the settings.
You can also experiment with just using the Equalizer function.
First of all, let me thank you! Turning on the FIR filter did eliminate that noise. That was the one audio setting I didn't mess with because it seemed intimidating.

The high pitched sound in this episode isn't quite as bad as the example in the site I linked. That was more to demonstrate what it sounded like. Though it is equally as annoying!

Finally, maybe you can help me improve the use of this filter. When I use the filter the sound is eliminated but it sorta diminishes the other sounds. So what option would I mess with to get as close to the original sound while still eliminating the annoying one. The only two options it seems I can change with numerical values are "Number of taps" which is at 32 and "Frequency" which is at 6000. I'd assume frequency would be what I would want to adjust and I'd assume I'd want to raise it until just before I hear the annoying sound again. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Thanks again!
azyuma86 is offline   Reply With Quote