View Single Post
Old 2004-08-23, 01:43   Link #14
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweets Yumi
*haha* Sorry to post again, but I thought I'd get a reply to what I wrote (maybe no one read it )

Do you guys think how I'm viewing Sachiko and the point of Yumi being a Rose is accurate?

Don't you guys think that Sachiko REALLY DID just pick Yumi for the simple reason of her just being THERE?

Any other views?

"Fate" is a dramatic way of introducing one character and another in Japanese literature - whether it is an actual novel, game, anime, or any other media genre.

Take, for example, a typical ren-ai simulation game where you accidentally bump into a girl at the side corner while running your way to school. Yes, it's a cliche.

However, such usage of "fate" is a great way to introduce two characters to put them [eventually] together.

What if situations such as "what if it was Tsutako-san that happened to be at the door as Sachiko fell down that instance" do cross people's mind. But then to Japanese, there is the notion of "there is no 'what ifs,' what happened is because it happened."

But of course, people will refuse to bound to be such notions of "Fate." You make your own goals for life. But then again, life is full of chances, luck, and decisions - all instances which can be put [if any] into the word "fate."

Conclusion: "Yumi was there at the right place at the right time," but that is how life is...besides, she is the main character in the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan
I have to agree, you don't get chosen to ANY student council by looking almighty and scary While a person like Sachiko may be difficult.

Lol, I'm having difficulties imagining Yumi as the worship-icon of any kind
As Yumi begins to bud as the Rosa Chinensis en bouton, you will notice Yumi starting to shine...becoming and "growing" each day and event as a blossomming Red Rose.

Yes it is hard to imagine right now, but I am looking foward to the "Rainy Blue" and "Parasol o Sashite" arc. I have my high hopes that the anime will be able to visually put through these parts as excellent as the novel. I can tell you, that visually putting together how Yumi begins to transform herself through this part will be very difficult, since the novel did an absolutely brilliant job of Yumi falling down the crevice to sprout back up brightly as a Phoenix.