View Single Post
Old 2006-03-08, 21:59   Link #234
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigious
Yeah that kind of goes without saying.

I mean, he did jump into the way of a death blow by a 2 ton sword...

I kid, I kid.
If Saber's mana was contributing to his rapid healing, it would still leave a big question mark about how on earth Shirou was able to even survive the hit from Berserker in the first place. Even a typical anime character isn't going to survive that hit, let alonebe as good as new the next day. That's all I'm saying. And it's not because he's got the main character shield up(ala Kira and Shinn from GSD).

I can vouch another argument in Shirou's behalf, regarding his protective behavior towards Saber in this war. One of the reasons the U.S. military was against having women in the front lines of combat, was because the added risk the males would go through, to protect women. Even though the women would generally have the ability to defend themselves and fight well, there was still the male's instinctive urge to protect a female. There were several other big reasons too, but that was one that stood out. Shirou isn't alone in his thinking, and I am willing to bet a very large percentage of men in the world would do actions similiar, though not all would be as extreme as Shirou to protect a woman from danger, whether she could defend herself or not.