View Single Post
Old 2012-09-09, 09:03   Link #3876
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozuma-Rii View Post
Alto, torn between himself and his job as a pilot.
You could say that, and yet, not quite in the context that you're thinking of. I recall Swampstorm being rather passionate about this subject, and might I invite him to offer his two cents on the issue, for the reason being that he simply loves to talk.

Trust me, you'll be pretty impressed with what we've come up with after dissecting this series for five years. Stay for the long run, and also, welcome to the forums.

(And Swampie, do not literally hand me 2c cents, because if you do, I will backhand you for your fail unfunnies.)

Edit:

Quote:
And while I go hang myself over you thinking that the movies and the TV are the same continuity.
Most of the shipping fire was put out when the Alto x Sheryl ship has long sailed in the movies, in all the major MF manga franchise, in all the light novels, basically in pretty much all the relevant universes - it's not very hard to see where the ship stands in the TV series; I'd say it's a good position to be in. There has been only one major objection to that, it being that they are all separate canons.

But it's not a very inspiring argument to pick up when most of the attacks consist of people hurling stones whenever any Macross canon world cements Alto/Sheryl as a pairing, as if doing so would give credit to the other ship, instead of using that energy to build the Alto and Ranka's case up.

Then again, why would they? There's nothing there to be built on. This isn't meant to be condescending, but when you have all these materials advocating the status of a pairing, and choosing to leave another alone, in this case, Alto x Ranka, then perhaps there may indeed be a message they're intending to spell out, and it's time to move on. But shipping will be shipping, it's a wonder how people don't tire of it... (oh cheesie, speak for yourself :E)

Seriously, fanon isn't as bad as it sounds.

Last edited by cheesie; 2012-09-09 at 09:56.