View Single Post
Old 2008-04-30, 22:19   Link #183
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Hmm, looking at it like that, isn't C.C. more of a minor character? Is she even the main heroine if there is such a position?
Well, in a sense, I would say that, yeah, she is part of the supporting cast. If you look at her in the beginning of the series, it's hard to deny that she had a very, very minor role. She was basically locked up at the school with little to no interaction with anyone but Lelouch. As the story progresses, she gets more screen time, yeah, but she still never becomes much of a key player. I think it's safe to say that in the first half of the series, she was a minor character, but in this second half, she'll become more of a "main character".

Also, I think it's a misnomer to call her a "heroine". It's in my opinion that she has little to no qualities that constitute being classified as heroic nor do I think she qualifies as main female character of the show at any given point so far. I'm not even sure what would be proper to label her as... really, a supporting character is the best I can come up with. She's more important than say, Toudou, but she's not in the forefront as say, Euphie was.

It's just tricky to classify her. As you can tell, I'm sort of trying to figure it out in my head as I write out my post, but I can't seem to come to a solid conclusion. So, I'll just say, "Yeah, she's important, but not that important...yet."
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote