View Single Post
Old 2008-09-28, 23:53   Link #2068
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

2000+ posts eh? Guess I won't be able to make my post stand out to much this time, but I will say that the experience of Code Geass and the forum ups and downs have been fun...

Moving along to the episode itself, it was good episode to be sure but just a good one...Some parts of the fighting were extremely excellent, some parts downright frustrating if not annoying (Sunrise cockpit explosion TAKE 76)...The conflict with Nunally didn't go as good as I thought it would and went pretty much to script...I guess the most frustrating thing about this episode was the fact I had nothing left to give...It's hard when you feel like the show already climaxed 3 or 4 episodes ago and with no new boss, or unexpected ideology to consider here, all we basically got was a wrap-up episode(One that was feverishly trying to fit every character's bottom of the shoe subplot inside of it)... A wrap up episode that still leaves tons of questions but none enuff that I really care about that much anymore...If C.C.'s name was the one shining light that could have totally saved this show for someone, I pity you...If the last thing we saw on-screen was her gleefully whisper her name to the audience I wouldn't have blinked ...

The Suzaku requiem was just so planned out that Lulu had to probably compute him surviving yet another ridiculous Sunrise cockpit explosion...The whole ending just came across as underwhelming to me...Final episodes make me want to astroproject into these scenes, soak up the last message, and let it purify me...However I was like "OK, that wasn't terrible..." Wasn't mad that Lulu died(?) at all, it's just it didn't seem like Code Geass...Where was the epicness before he died? It was like they went thru a laundry list of flashbacks, and he died...Not too much time to focus on the other's reaction of this and how it weighed on there lives (Except for Kallen and Nunally)...I mean there just wasn't anytime left...

For shows that have mangas it's easy to blow off an incomplete ending or unsatisfying one because you know you can get your fix somewhere else (Or just know that the fix exists), but for shows like Code Geass which are original works you can't ever get back that feeling if it's one that didn't truly satisfy you...I almost wanna get like a 9/11 commission just to do an investigation on why like the last 6 episodes of Sunrise shows they never seem to be able to end a series in a natural pace--Always seems like they have more than enuff time, but kinda blow it everytime...This ep was awesome in-terms of the fighting and subtle expressions of artistry in some of the characters themselves, but at the end of the road I kinda feel like C.C. lying on that barn-wagon of hay...CG was fun, but next stop, next town...I won't forget the fun times as I jump off the wagon though...

7/10...

MORE TO COME...