View Single Post
Old 2008-06-06, 17:43   Link #142
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Just playing devil's advocate here.

ThoHell makes an interesting point. Though it can be reversed any time soon, Ranka so far has been set up to be the underdog, and stories usually has a bias for such characters, setting them up for something possibly rewarding or fulfilling in the end. Moreover, in this day and age where "moe" and "cuteness" pretty much rule over anything, it's hard to ignore the significance of Ranka's character design, which can be argued to be a form of marketing and typecasting all in one.

However, I also see your view as well. Kawamori's preferences still has to be taken into account, and he doesn't simply treat love triangles as a rivalry between opposites with the third person stuck in the middle. (Misa/Hikaru/Minmei, Isamu/Myung/Guld, etc.) It all boils down less on who is the "better" choice per se, but more on who ends up being the "right" one for that person in the end.

It's difficult to predict things at this point, and with those two main factors in place, I'd say it's 50-50 for both outcomes.
I just don't see Ranka being the underdog for episodes 5-23 though. I fully expect Ranka to take the lead very soon which would than cast Sheryl in the underdog role. And yes I know that in this day and age that Moe dominates, I'm just hoping Kawamori doesn't let us down. For Alto I'm at Sheryl 50%, Ranka Alive 25%, Ranka Dead 25% (bittersweet ending).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I just want to bring up a little point here

Was it just me, or did anyone else think that Sara played by Miss Frontier was just... ugh?

She completely ruined my image of Sara.
I think that was the point and hence Ranka's Mao Nome just outshined Miss Macross's Sara Nome comprehensively.