View Single Post
Old 2012-09-08, 09:21   Link #24
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

I don't think normal Japanese really thinks a big deal about difference between the western animation and anime. They don't seem to be interested in finding out the finer details in the western animation especially ones that are popular right now. They might have been exposed to the Simpsons and all those cartoon network programs, it seems like they only usually reference already well-established superhero cartoons or totally outrageous cartoons like Southpark or Drawn Together. It seems in Japan, most animations are assumed to be for kids except for long running cartoons.

I used to think there were no difference between anime and cartoons but for me now there's enough difference to distinguish between them. And I just noticed that all the cartoons from America have been self-contained episodes except of course Avatar, the Lastbender. Beside this one, there hasn't been any which is why when you see a normal cartoon, I don't feel invested in it nor feel motivated to finish the series. With anime, it becomes endearing and long after you finish it, you feel as if it made some sort of impact. Ok, not all anime does, but some of the best one leaves me with long lasting impression and gives you a different outlook to your life. In short, it sometimes does more than what it's supposed to.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote