View Single Post
Old 2011-01-01, 16:21   Link #69
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
I feel like I've been playing Mao for a while. I can't figure out the rules, and the dealer keeps insisting that they're consistent, and lightly chides me for not trying hard enough to figure them out. Even things like who plays next seems to skip around randomly. My trust for the dealer is sinking continually, and I'm wondering whether we're actually playing something more like Fizbin. I finally push the dealer to give the full rules. Is it spoonfeeding to do so?

(If the rules are things like "Whenever a three is played, order of play reverses. Whenever a seven is played, skip one player.", and the dealer has been playing by those rules consistently, it might be, even though those can be real tough to understand with three players. If they are "Whenever a red car passes, order of play reverses. Whenever somebody plays the three of clubs when the six of spades is in the discard pile, skip a player.", then it probably isn't. And if there weren't a consistent set of rules, absolutely not.)

Ryu has been continually focusing on the questions of what exactly happened on Oct 4th and
5th. How Ange moves on after that has been a B plot at best.

I care very much about the resolution of the A plot (the events of Oct 4-5). I don't much care about the resolution of the B plot.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote