View Single Post
Old 2013-05-24, 23:57   Link #4265
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
Is not misunderstanding. Ok, I will admit I am not a fan of VN but I can find good stuff here. My point is that, at times, the things we break in to in the middle of the action bits are pointless and boring. Character development and foreshadowing is good, but there is ways to let that out. Really is odd to go from a serious life or death situation of action and tension just to cut to “Who will make dinner?” and have a comic relief scene over an ancient king being angry at her bad food. Keep the tone or balance a little better the elements. FSN doesn’t always get it right.
Nope. There's a lot of scenes in between, dealing with the aftermath of the previous life or death situation that they got into - healing, analysing what happened, etc... - before it get to the light hearted slices of life. Beside, once the shit start to hit the fan - and it's pretty easier to notice too. Just take note when Taiga stop coming to Shirou's house and you know that things are about to get a whole lot uglier.

Quote:
I know with Saber, but she was British and she says the food wasn’t good… is not even a hard connection to make. Is like the Black Ranger being black and the Yellow Ranger being Asian, it just comes on its own.
Again, like Endscape said, Saber was complaining about food in her times in general. Which actually kinda make sense, seeing as the recipes and technology is much more refined during the 5th War then it was in the Camelot era.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote