View Single Post
Old 2007-06-23, 08:02   Link #319
darkalpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Look people, it would be to your benefit to actually WATCH the episodes where the explanations and reasons are divulged for Graham's course of action. Making asinine assumptions are not to your benefit when discussing the matter. It kills your credibility a fair bit.

1) Freezing Hayate before she merged with the Tome would be pointless because without the unison between Tome and Master, the Tome will be free to hop on to the next master. Cue massive headache because they need to search for the next spawnpoint AGAIN.

2) This is the reason why they needed the program to go "berserk", because that is when the total unison occurs. Trapped by its bond with Hayate, freezing Hayate with Durandal would have sealed the Tome as well.
THat was exactly what I wanted to know about; I'd watched the final eps several times, but it still didn't make any sense to me until you put it into context with the 'total' unison. I knew that Book of Darkness and its master had to be trapped together in order for freezing to work, but I was puzzled over the necessity of waiting until a certain timing when there were countless opportunities when both master and the tome were together, especially when the tome was awakened.

But I get it now; the frozen Hayate was basically going to be the anchor to keep the tome from escaping and finding a new master.

Quote:
3) Graham paid for Hayate's expenses because he felt guilty for what he was about to do to her.
I wasn't implying that he was a terrible person or anything like the sort, only that his methods seemed unnecessarily cruel, dragging things out when there were more than plently of opportunities to get rid of the tome for once and for all.

Of course, that was before you pointed out about the total unision, which it now makes sense to me.

Quote:
5) Hayate seizing control of the administrative program and separating the Defence Program from the main program was what made the Arc-en-Ciel viable. This was not something that Graham could have anticipated.
Arc-en-Ciel would have been used anyway, hadn't Hayate managed to seperate the Defense Program. It was either use the Durandal or Arc-en-Ciel.