Thread: Licensed Berserk Film Trilogy
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-16, 15:14   Link #271
mican

Location: Somewhere in a distant patch of green staring into the luminous starry sky.
Hm.... Hard to say. Strictly speaking I wouldn't recommend the movies to introduce new viewers because I feel as if they wouldn't get the full experience.

I have to say though, despite the overall compression and quality. The directing was good. For example, in the first movie when they introduced the king of midland. The echo effect as the camera zoomed away from the battlefield and ect were very well implemented. Same goes with Gutts assasination scene. I think if anything, that very well portrayed the first time Gutts stopped to doubt his killing.

As a long term fan of the manga. I would enjoy the movie as more a laid back approach.

Some minor complaints from me is the character development. As you all know, because of the huge skips in minor detail, the characters were never really introduced strongly. Corkus and the rest were certainly much more stronger characters in the manga because of how they grew with the reader throughout the story. Newer viewers would just see them as side characters to support dialogue that carries the story.

Well can all agree Descent has huge hopes from everyone. The trailer looks so bad ass and epic