View Single Post
Old 2007-10-10, 07:47   Link #5
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
I'm also very interested in how some Japanese companies are taking interest in really partnering with the site to provide streaming contents rather than going on ZOMG COPYRIGHT VIOLATION DELETEZ0R blitzes. Already one current (?) anime, Saishuu Shiken Kujira, is being legally aired on Niconico. But adding onto the fact that
a. the site can support long and relatively good-quality videos
b. the comments make it very fun to watch
c. people are more likely to respond by creating fan-made parodies/videos/etc
d. it's becoming harder to air certain things on TV (...maybe?)
I think it only makes sense to let more anime be legally aired on Niconico. Already every new episode of anime seems to get uploaded there illegally anyway... And I've always hoped for an internationally-accessible anime streaming site, all the better if it's got fun comments. So I'm looking forward to see how this develops. (although considering there were all those problems with Youtube, I wonder why they get all enthusiastic when it's a Japanese site...)
I had thought of starting a thread myself, but it is exactly this issue that I was hesitant to do so. It is indeed a thorny issue. My take is that some of the studios probably turn a blind eye on it if the upload of raws help them advertise their work for free.

Apart from that, yes, it's definitely a fun thing to have a niconico account. The quality is so much better than YouTube and the comments system makes it feels as though you're watching with a lot of people, thus accurately getting the sentiment of the majority of viewers.

My account no. is 12*****. Back when I registered in April, there was a limit on the number of users that were allowed to access on all times to save bandwidth. That limit was between user accounts 0-1000000. So it was frustrating trying to wait for the right time to get in (usually after midnight).

It wasn't until a few months later that they expanded the limit so now my account falls within this range, and since then, there's no turning back.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote