View Single Post
Old 2007-10-29, 03:33   Link #103
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
What about all that you are Shana stuff the writers kept shoving down our throats in S1? What about the I am Yuji and not just a torch?
Just as you said - forced down Shana's throat too. In S1, there was no natural development towards romance at all: If anything it was about "Yuji is leaving! Nooooo!". The concept of love was alien to Shana to begin with, and it remains difficult too. Yuji was trying to force a new perspective on her. I don't think that him not expecting romantic interest in him from her is illofical at all.

Quote:
Yuji of all the people should understand Shana the most, more then Alastor, more then Maid-san. The reason why? He created Shana. It was his actions during S1 which gave birth to the Shana we know now. If Shana was still the Flame Haze, Yuji would be just plain dead and the Reiji Maigo would be safely tucked away in some really lucky torch.
Yes, but the concept of romantic-based JEALOUSY is still new. Except for the famous "Yuji ga suki" there was nothing substantial in this direction, and they headed this piece of evidence off in ep1, by claiming he was unable to hear her properly in the blaze. Contrived? Maybe, but not illogical.

Quote:
Personally I have no problem with Shana and Yuji's relationship having a turn for the worst if it was written well. This epi imho can only be considered well written if S1 didn't exist.
Rewatch S1 and please point out spots which contradict the current storywriting. I'm curious. Where does S1 become "romantic" in a way that Yuji could comprehend it?