View Single Post
Old 2007-10-29, 03:57   Link #105
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Sadly this isn't the case here as i see many inconsistencies. But i see little reason to continue the debate if my arguments get dismissed as biased complaining.
It's certainly an impression i'm getting from the majority, that's not to say all. Off course Grey moon and you have some good points but I find the majority just hate it because it either lacked action (hence people are saying that it's a filler) or that Shana got hurt, this ep sucks.

I can argue the same points over and over again as well, but we each have our own set of opinions and each display a sense of stubborness.

All I can do is rehash my original argument that:
1. Yuji first of all ruled out the fact that Shana could like him early on in ep 1.
2. Just because Yuji became more perceptive doesn't automatically allow him to read the mind of Shana. The reigo mago is amazing but it can't read minds.
3. Yuji perceives his relationship with Konoe to be just that of a naieve sister needing the care of an elderly brother. Not to mention she could possibly get herself killed if she wasn't looked after. Hence he probably doesn't see what the big deal is and thus can't comprehend Shana's reactions.
4. Their relationship didn't develop that far in S1, sure there was that confession scene near the end of S1, but as Mentar said, he obviously didn't hear it. Also, even after Shana told him that she liked him in S1, things really didn't change much between their relationship after that whole manifesting alastor into this world thing. You can see that by them going to school as per normal afterwards, which further indicates that Yuji probably didn't hear it.
5. Also let's say that Yuji perhaps realises that Shana's jealous, except that Yuji don't know what shana's true feelings are towards him and Shana isn't making a effort to tell him outright. In other words he shouldn't be commited to shana when she hasn't even told him how she truly felt.

This will probably be the final time I continue with this debate as well, since all I can do is to sway as many people to the positives of this ep and while various others make light of the negatives, which I don't believe to be such a big deal.

I for one, seen alot worse male leads and became undoubtedly desensitised to Yuji one small slip up this ep and found this ep to be thoroughly enjoyable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedzombie View Post
its been a good couple years since the original Shana aired so I just wanted to confirm some things to make sure I'm sill on the right track. This Yuuji isn't the real Yuuji right? He's just one of those temp. mystes light things that replaces people when they get eaten and slowly disappear within a small amount of time. Yuuji though is a special case cause every time his flame goes out, it refills again. This is just what I remember form the first Shana.....I'm not missing anything, right?
Nope you got the whole picture.