View Single Post
Old 2009-03-13, 00:31   Link #1161
ShinMasaki
バルサミコス

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Go collect all the Tiger Stamps. Then watch the Final Dojo.

Basically, Taiga states that Fate and UBW raise the question of how Shirou should live, and HF presents an answer. Also that Fate and UBW are the "front side" of F/SN, and that HF is the hidden "back side".

Think that suggests True Ending to me. After all, again, you unlock HF last for a reason, right?

And HF really isn't about Sakura. Also I really don't like her that much. Saber is superior. <3
Exactly, the final Tiger Dojo says that HF is a possible answer to how Shirou should live his life. It is not saying this is the way Shirou is going to live his life, but just a possible answer. The wording on that line and my knowledge of story writing (particularly fanfic writing) leads me to believe that HF is more like a fanfic written by Nasu based on his own work.

Additionally, if you play through Tsukihime, the 'back side' of the story, the 'Far Side of the Moon' stories you unlock later in the game are like this as well. They do not seem like the true ending to Tsukihime even though these are the final endings you get to the game. They are more like additional stories that could happen but probably wouldn't considering the characters.

Just because it is the final ending doesn't mean it is the real ending. You can say that you aren't saying it because it is the final ending, but because it feels 'complete', but after reading Nasu's works, his stories don't really have 'complete' endings. The endings that do have complete endings just don't feel like they are proper to the story.

I don't want to reveal Tsukihime endings nor the Kara no Kyoukai ending because just having them hidden by a spoiler button will not be enough to keep people from clicking it who want to find out on their own.

In short, Nasu's endings are typically not happy endings. Nor are they complete endings. The immediate problem that everyone is facing is finished, but the underlying problem still exists in these stories typically. A good story doesn't have to have a complete ending, a partial ending works as well if it is worked well enough. Destruction of the Great Holy Grail seems too much un-Nasu-like whereas just the destruction of the Holy Grail seems like something he would write. He leaves these stories open which I like because it allows for fanfic writers, like myself, to capitalize on the possibilities that still exist. He presents questions, gives a simple answer, but does not leave not a complete answer.
ShinMasaki is offline   Reply With Quote