View Single Post
Old 2009-11-28, 22:35   Link #115
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
I've always been more of a fan of the game opening. Even without animation, the sequences and how it matched the music impressed me. The OP managed to fit in almost every character somehow, and you could tell that a lot of effort was put into each one.

In comparison... the anime OP seems lazy to me.
You have to keep in mind that for an anime opening there is motion involved, it's not just some stills floating by setting in at the right moment.
No offense against the VN's openings, they were great in their regards...but they were just stills being timed quite perfectly (with some basic animation cut in).
If they had pulled the same stunt with the anime's opening people would be rioting just the same about DEEN being to lazy to animate something, being cheap as always, yadda yadda yadda...

But I also think that it would have worked better if they either did another opening, which might be impossible, as I don't know their budget, or if they had just made the opening a bit less Episode 3 specific.
Yet everyone was saying the same about Episode 4's VN opening being not specific enough...so maybe it just runs along...