View Single Post
Old 2008-04-09, 08:16   Link #75
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I had decently high expectations of this, but the first episode fails to meet them on all aspects, save for the CG quality, which is notably impressive.

The pacing is very fast, not to say rushed. We are introduced to a load of characters but given little reason to care about whats happening to them before jumping on to the pew pew that was the second part of the episode. I didn't find the characters very likable either. And while the action is nice indeed, it lacked suspense and excitement, which the previous Macross (Zero) had in spades.

Can't say the story excites me much either, but i suppose it will do for setting the stage for the battles to take place. Of course this part is likely prone to change, seeing it has only been one (and rather abrupt) episode.

In short: more exposition for the characters (and not some concert without a real purpose) and more details for the setting so i can actually care about whats going on. It wasn't all that bad, but it certainly lacked the impact i was expecting of it. When the most memorable scene of the episode is a nyan~ nyan~ moment, that speaks for itself of my impressions. Going to keep watching, but not setting my expectations very high.