View Single Post
Old 2008-12-02, 02:30   Link #265
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyon.haruhi.suzumiya View Post
Haruhi isn't a jerkass, she's just a little different. Please learn to understand, people don't take to these terms lightly, especially Haruhiists. How would you like it if I called Sasaki a block of wood? Please, don't I made such a mistake, calling Shinji Ikari a jerkass to one of my "patients" and he really broke down.
I call her a jerkass because she shows little regard for the desires and feelings of others. And, you know, because of the blackmail, molestation, and assault. One could argue that she softens as the novels go on, but that just gets her to Jerk with a Heart of Copper, in my opinion. I actually wouldn't mind if you called Sasaki a block of wood. I call myself a Sasaki-ist because we're in a Haruhi (and more broadly, anime) themed board an I like her better. In another forum I might claim Pastafarianism or whatever else struck my fancy.

I understand that you've dealt with people who take this stuff far too seriously, but I'm operating under the assumption that all of us here are sufficiently stable that none of this is going to push us over the edge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyon.haruhi.suzumiya View Post
Hmm... Tanigawa doesn't know, and he shouldn't either. It's not a very large percentage of cases, usually in one-digit percentages. Nothing major to worry about when at least 75% can be convinced out of extremist Haruhiism.
How are the ones who can't be convinced out of it reported? I mean, over here in America if somebody killed him/herself over a TV show, that would make the news.