View Single Post
Old 2009-06-29, 08:47   Link #417
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
While I agree with you about the consistency part, I actually did think there were parts that were good (the romantic relationship basically, although it's not brilliant by any stretch of the imagination) and parts that were bad (the convoluted plot) all the way through. Although I do think this anime has ended up being pretty forgettable. Too much focus on what was ultimately a fairly weak plotline.
I agree the plot was convoluted, but I think the series is charming and left an impression. And yes, the romantic aspects were so darn cute and really well done but at this point, I don't know why she's really refusing him.

Lydia is saintly, but somehow she doesn't fall into the Angelique-Akane-Riannon stereotype just because she's got more sass. Although, I thought it was pretty messed up when she broke her promise and left Kelpie like that.

What really bugs me about the show, though, is not the convoluted plotline itself, but the failure of the show to incorporate any sort of internal logic with regards to the fairy world and its inhabitants. Different varieties of fairies just appear without any background and so when their weaknesses or characteristics appear, it's just used as a plot device to defeat them or to move the plot along.

I think that shows steeped in fantasy needs its own internal logic -- or else, what we are left with is a convoluted plot.

But all the same, no news of a 2nd season, huh?
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote