View Single Post
Old 2010-03-13, 22:13   Link #194
Stefkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by goombas View Post
Are you saying that when you installed the DLC and played it, you lost the save data for the games or the actual games don't play anymore?
The situation is. I have Half Minute Hero on UMD, and Fate/Unlimited Codes and Echochrome downloaded from the PSN on my handheld. I played a bit of Half Minute Hero and did about 20% of one of the game modes, and about 7% of another. I read through this thread and other places online and managed to install the Nanoha content onto my PSP. After playing with it for a while (bind Breaker mode is awesome) I went back to play some more Half Minute Hero. That's when I noticed I couldn't continue because I had 0% next to all the game modes. My game saves (I connected my PSP to Media Go and backed up my games and saves) for Fate/UC and echochrome are still intact. What I'm gonna do is try changing it back to the profile which will let me play my downloaded games. If the save data resets then something weird is happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayate22 View Post
@Stefkov: First of all, how did you data get reset suddenly, I have yet to hear of that kind of problem with the PSP before. Secondly, sadly yes the Nanoha DLC itself is basically Japanese accounts only due to region protections on the DLC.

For the Nanoha and Fate, and Hayate download contents that they created. They actually had Nanoha's on the same day as Fate's. Those with the special DLC card were able to get the Nanoha one for free while the Fate one costs 800 yen. Both came out on 2-15-2010 or 2-16-2010 depending on when one got it. Hayate's is being released as said before by a correction thanks to INNSK-san, 03-26-2010, again I would like to say ONORE BANDAI-NAMCO!

In any case. The only way to switch back to the profile you had it before is to go into you account management. Delete the Japanese account off your psp. Go to the PSN, reactivate your earlier profile using the email and password for that. Then here's the thing. You must validate the system under that profile for games or the games that you want to play don't work. Only real downside is that you won't be able to use the Nanoha DLC anymore. It also works vice versa if you can realize what commands reactivate for the PSP stuff on there.

In further note, you'll have to explain the whole data reset in general, just a vague account won't get us to help you properly.
Thanks for the information, much appreciated. Just look above for the situation.
Whilst I'm at it, I've had a look around and not been lucky, where can I get Japanese PSN pre-paid cards from? I really want to buy the Fate and Hayate DLC...
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote