View Single Post
Old 2010-09-25, 03:58   Link #696
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I've said all I can say in my previous posts lol...

If V-type virus could be that easily treated..hmm just like a cold (take a pill and it wold be fine...someone said it, I didn't make that up)XD...then Sheryl wouldn't be that afraid of letting Alto to touch her tiny little wound..
I think not wanting to infect your partner with a disease, a disease which is killing you at that very moment, is human nature. Even with an immediate cure available. And who is to say that taking that cure wouldn't weaken Alto in a critical moment, he is a fighter pilot after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
The whole contrast from "willing to have sex" (let's assume) to being freaked out when Alto tries to touch her little wound is simply too big
Passion of the moment. And, once again, we don't know that the disease is transmitted by having sex. It certainly doesn't seem as if the creators of the show wanted to imply that, given all the evidence towards sex.

So, basically, you are using one unfounded assumption to try to deny another much better founded one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
I'm a male and putting myself in Alto's position while taking his personality into account, I just don't see him as a someone that would sleep with someone sick and dying. Sheryl also just moments before woke up from feinting. That really isn't the time for something like that.
Considering that Sheryl was only having spells of fainting, and otherwise showed very signs of being sick ( after leaving the hospital ), I don' think that he thought he was taking advantage of a dying person. Sheryl demonstrated many times how she was still the vibrant person Alto knew frome earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei19 View Post
stuff
Wait, Mei on the side of the Sheryl shippers? What has the world come to? Welcome on the light side. Or at least on the pink-blonde one.

@karice : Many thanks for clearing that up! So Kawamori did sign off on the novels. Take that, doubters!

Any chance you want to fan-translate the novels for us poor shlubs without Japanese speaking or reading skills?

Last edited by magnuskn; 2010-09-25 at 04:12.